Press Release: March 19, 2020
At Fuel, we have never backed away from a challenge – if anything we’ve embraced them and have always come together as a team and as a family to find the right solutions – and now, to find the right preventative measures.
Though the challenge at hand is unchartered territory, our contingency plan has allowed us to approach the situation with the right tactics to ensure the safety and security of our employees and to continue to move not only the things people love – but the things they need. Here is how Fuel is tackling COVID-19:
- Relocation, Splitting and Isolation of Multiple Departments: From Operations to Accounting to our Truck division, all departments have been split and relocated to multiple offices as a means of furthering the safety and security of employees.
- Making the shift to Remote Work: 70% of our operation is currently set up to work from home. As part of our contingency plan – the remaining teams have been split into smaller groups over multiple different locations.
- Driver Protection: Customized sanitation kits have been assembled and distributed to all Fuel truck drivers as part of the increased prevention guidelines implemented.
- Reducing Non-Essential Interactions for Drivers: Limit & eliminate close-proximity exchanges with warehousing staff, through the introduction of new digital processes.
- Asset cleaning Protocol: Increased cleaning measures have been implemented across our facilities and on the road. Equipment is required to be wiped down and disinfected, after every use, every delivery and every interaction.
- 2-Hour Wipe Down: All offices and remote locations are disinfected every 2 hours.
- Increased Hygiene: Sanitary wipes and hand-sanitizing dispensers have been placed in multiple areas throughout all of our locations.
- Social Distancing: Video-conferencing has become our primary source of communication. Reducing direct contact and interaction required to execute team meetings, client meetings and vendor meetings.
- Travel Ban & Restrictions: All business travel In North America and abroad has been suspended.
Coming together to find creative and intelligent solutions is our signature approach. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, email us directly at email@example.com.